This workshop covers the movement lessons, theory and principles of Somatic Education. The clinical work is introduced focusing on assessment, palpation, listening touch and the hands-on techniques.
In this two day workshop you learn:
• Somatic philosophy and history.
• Functional anatomy and neurophysiology as it applies to Somatics.
• Sensory motor amnesia (SMA) and why it is the most common cause of chronic pain in our muscles and joints.
• How we respond to stress within the three somatic body patterns (green light, red light and trauma reflex).
• Assessment of the above patterns trough observation of standing and in walking.
• Application of "pandiculation" the technique coined and developed by Thomas Hanna to restore easy fluid movement.
• Somatics movement lessons that relate to the topic of the workshop. Topics vary focusing on shoulder girdle, hips and pelvis, spine, breathing and walking. You will also learn a daily practice of Somatic movements, known as the Cat Stretch.
Somatic movements are unlike normal exercise programs. We work with principles that improve the function of the nervous system which creates more free and easy movement.
This training is taught in the tradition of Thomas Hanna, a practitioner of the Feldenkrais methode. It is open to all who wish to learn more about Somatic Education and it hand-on application, and has many times been appriciated by professionals such as movement teachers, yoga teachers, physiotherapists, osteopaths, doctors, counselors, psychotherapeuts, massage therapista and more.
A certificate of attendance will be given at the end of the trainig.
To find upcoming trainings go to calendar.
To organize a training in your area, contact us